Saturday, October 31, 2015

October 31: The Final Siren Song

It is finally here. What a whirlwind this month has been! Then again, it always goes too fast, no?

No time to lament it's passing, we have preparations to make. For many, we have to get our little trick-or-treaters ready for the Halloween fun. For some, it's about celebrating Samhain. Regardless, there's still a lot to do.

On behalf of our Sirens, I'd like to take this opportunity to thank you for your loving support over the past 4 years. It has been so much fun to serve the community with this offering of blogs, recipes, crafts, prizes and homage to those who have gone before us. As we prepare to head back to our lair in the sea, we want you to know you are cherished by us all.

This will be the last year of The Samhain's Sirens project. Everything has a life cycle, and this one has completed. It has been our honor and pleasure to serve you, our Pagan community, in this way. While we'll be moving on to other things, you are always in our hearts.

May the blessings of your ancestors shower you this season, and may you always be remembered.

Thank you!
Kallan Kennedy 


Siren Altar Photos:


Renee Sosanna Olson





Sandi Crawford


Angie Crawford



Danette Wilson:





More Forget-Me-Nots


From Angie C:



Mary Jerlene Montona “Jerri”  
b. April 20, 1943 d. August 7, 2004

My beautiful mother Jerri crossed beyond the veil unexpectedly from a ruptured brain aneurysm. My world took a turn I wasn't planning to take that day and I'm still traveling that road learning to adjust without her.  Today I'd like to say to her ….

Mom, know that I was listening even when you didn't think I was.
I was listening when you taught me not to lie, not to steal and that I was only as good as my word.
I was listening when you taught me to be true to myself, that I was no better than anyone else so don't get above my raisin'
I was listening when you told me when I meet someone to ALWAYS remember everyone loves, everyone cries, everyone has feelings and we ALL put our drawers on the same way.
I was listening when you taught me when I see someone not to see skin color, religion, ethnicity or sexual preference and when it comes to race, the only race is the human race. No more, no less.
I was listening Mama, I was listening.


------








The winner of the LaPulia Studio Grand Prize Book of Shadows is:
Tara Mals!



12 comments:

  1. It has been a wonderful run! Although it is sad that this year is over and there will be no more, I think this project has done so much good for our community. Four years, wow! That is a lot of work that you and your helpers have taken on and executed with such panache. Four is the number for a good foundation, and that has been laid. I have met some wonderful people through this event. Shared loss and laughter, garnered more wonderful recipes than I will probably every make, learned some great crafts, and made some great friends! Thanks for the information shared and the time that you all have given. Kallan and crew, I applaud you! Have a most wonderful Samhain!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has been an honor and a pleasure to serve the community with you, Sharon! I applaud you, and our entire Sirens contingent for all of your love and generosity throughout the years. Who knows what life will spring up from this death? We will serve again together, I am sure. <3

      Delete
  2. Thank you so much, Kallan and all the Sirens. It has been a wonderful month. Blessed Samhain to you all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful altars! Congrats Tara!
    I shall miss the sirens, but I have had the best time being a part of it this year!

    Blessed Samhain everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Blessed Samhain everyone! =^_^=

    May Mary Jerlene Montona rest in peace.

    Wow, such beautiful altars!

    Thank you to all of the wonderful Samhain's Sirens who made this possible. You are all wonderful and generous people. I can't believe next year will be the 5th year! Time sure does fly. I hope I will see all of you around on some other social media soon. :-)

    Take care everyone and I hope your Samhain is filled with what your heart desires. Best wishes and hugs for all
    -Engie =^_^=

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for the month of fun, information, music, and recipes. See you all in 11 months!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats to the winner!!! I am so happy for you!!!

    Kallan and everyone else who played a part in making this a great success, thank you, thank you!!! I have met some wonderful people, learned a great deal about many things and even write. What a journey!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Blessed Samhain, Sirens...:) until next year :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There won't be a extra year, hon. This was it.

      Delete
    2. There won't be a extra year, hon. This was it.

      Delete
  8. I'm sad to hear this will be the last year of Samhain Sirens! I've look forward to and enjoyed you guys every year!! Thank-you for everything you have all put into Samhain Sirens, it's interesting, educational, fun, and exciting. I wish everyone all the best and hopefully one day maybe there will be a new project =D

    ReplyDelete