Samhains Sirens: Day 7, October 8
It's a Tremendous Tuesday here at Samhain's Sirens! Can you believe we've been at this for a week now?
We hope you're enjoying the celebration!
Remember, Serena is here to help, so feel free to shoot her off an email or use the contact form at the top of the page.
Let's get right to the music!
Today, we honor the great Ritchie Valens
Quick and Yummy Chocolate Chip Cookies
1 yellow cake mix
2 eggs, beaten
5 TB butter, melted
1 12 oz pkg semi sweet chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350* Grease a 9” x 13” baking pan.
Mix first 3 ingredients together with a spoon. Then stir in the chips.
Spread in the dish. Bake for 20-25 mins until top is golden brown. Let cool in pan.
Enjoy!
*variations! You can add any flavor of chip...butterscotch, peanut butter, milk chocolate. Add in nuts or fruit as well. You can also use a white cake mix or even a chocolate one.
Tune in tomorrow for even more October fun! See you then!
We hope you're enjoying the celebration!
Remember, Serena is here to help, so feel free to shoot her off an email or use the contact form at the top of the page.
Let's get right to the music!
Today, we honor the great Ritchie Valens
by Samantha Curtin
One of the best parts of Samhain to me is all the
horror stories, movies, books, and songs that float around. In addition to
loving them I also happen to write them. On September 13th I even
published my first full length horror novel: Summer’s Hollow. It’s a psychological horror story that focuses on 17
year old Rylie Bradford. Rylie is a somewhat normal teenager who, like me,
loves everything to do with horror, folklore, and magic. She especially likes
the folklore surrounding the town legend: Mary Pascal and Bloody Friday.
See
back in 1788 Mary Pascal was sentenced to death for killing her husband: a
wealthy man of the law. After her death, strange occurrences happened in the
town of Summer’s Hollow. These weird happening and mysterious deaths only
stopped when Mary was supposedly cursed into an amulet. Well fast forward to
1999, when Rylie finds that very amulet and accidently lets out the spirit of Mary.
Murder and mayhem ensue on the town of Summer’s Hollow.
So
far I’ve gotten many responses to my book including “It gives me the creeps”
and “Did you want give me anxiety as I walked home from class?” In my opinion
that’s exactly what I wanted to do: scare everyone with the question: what if?
There’s a lot of that throughout Summer’s
Hollow including a huge twist that will hopefully have my readers on the
edge of their seats!
Now’s
your chance to enter to win your very own signed copy of Summer’s Hollow! It is my hope that the winner will think twice
about stepping into the shower, or looking into their mirrors. To order you own
copy of either the paperback or eBook version of Summer’s Hollow please visit Amazon here.
In addition I also have two other books out: Deal with the Devil and Dark
Cell. Both are available for download off of Amazon.com onto any Kindle
ready device. Happy Haunting!
Note: These giveaways are open to the U.S., Canada and where
allowable. Void where prohibited. Canadian residents, please pay close
attention as by law, you have to use a different set of rules. Not to worry, we
have you covered :)
Here’s how to enter:
Canadian residents, please pay close attention as by law,
you have to use a different set of rules. Not to worry, we have you covered :)
How to Enter this giveaway: You have until 6am EDT tomorrow
to enter!
The drawing will take place and will be announced both in
email and on the blog at 9am EDT on October 9.
YOU MUST PROVIDE A VALID EMAIL ADDRESS TO ENTER.
1. Go to Sam's Author Facebook Page . Like the page and come back to let us know you did (1 entry)
2. Blog about this giveaway (make sure you link back here),
come back and leave us a link to your blog. (1 entry)
3. Tweet about this giveaway (link to us, please), come
back, and leave us a link to your tweet (1 entry)
4. Be a follower of this blog, Samhain's Sirens (1 entry)
5. Like Samhains Sirens on Facebook (1 entry)
Note: If you want your entries to count as separate entries,
you must post them separately. If you post 1 comment with all of these on it,
it will only count as 1 entry.
Canadian residents, by law, instead of the above, you must
answer the following question to be eligible:
What is 0+1?
What's cool about being a Canadian? You automatically get 5
entries per giveaway for just answering 1 question! :) WE STILL NEED A VALID EMAIL ADDRESS FOR YOU!
Good luck!
Good luck!
The winner of October 7th's giveaway from A Witch by any Other Name is:
Chrissie Andrist!
Quick and Yummy Chocolate Chip Cookies
1 yellow cake mix
2 eggs, beaten
5 TB butter, melted
1 12 oz pkg semi sweet chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350* Grease a 9” x 13” baking pan.
Mix first 3 ingredients together with a spoon. Then stir in the chips.
Spread in the dish. Bake for 20-25 mins until top is golden brown. Let cool in pan.
Enjoy!
*variations! You can add any flavor of chip...butterscotch, peanut butter, milk chocolate. Add in nuts or fruit as well. You can also use a white cake mix or even a chocolate one.
You
can visit Autumn's blog at My Moonlit Path and her shop at Verbena Lane Botanicals!





.jpg)




I follow Sam's FB page, as well as Samhain's Sirens, under Jonquil Alexia. Plus, I follow your blog :) jonquilsgrdn@gmail.com
ReplyDeleteThanks for following my page!
DeleteI follow Samhain's Sirens Blog
ReplyDeleteEmail Address: KLeaf19@Gmail.Com
DeleteI 'Liked' SS facebook page.
ReplyDeleteI've also 'Liked' Sam's Author Page
ReplyDeleteThanks for liking me! ;-)
DeleteI liked the author's page and I've also liked Sirens and follow the blog! I love love horror stories!
ReplyDeleteOpps forgot to add my email address twistedcustomerservice@gmail.com
DeleteThanks! I live and breathe horror! Glad you're a fan :-)
DeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteWow! I'm thrilled to have won yesterday's giveaway. I can't wait to receive my earrings from A Witch By Any Other Name!
DeleteCongrats! Those earrings were gorgeous!
DeleteTweet Tweet! https://twitter.com/kleaf19/status/387566632723165184
ReplyDeleteI liked Sam's Facebook page! rapowell4@gmail.com
ReplyDeleteThanks for liking me! ;-)
DeleteI tweeted! https://twitter.com/Raitalle/status/387570696198422529 rapowell4@gmail.com
ReplyDeleteI follow the blog rapowell4@gmail.com
ReplyDeleteI like the Samhain Siren's page on Facebook! rapowell4@gmail.com
ReplyDeleteI follow this blog via Google Friend Connect and Feedly. colliflower7@gmail.com
ReplyDeleteI liked Samantha's Facebook page
ReplyDeleteThanks for visiting the page and liking me! :-)
DeleteAnd I liked the Samhain's Sirens Facebook page
ReplyDeleteI liked Sam's Facebook Page. Love some spooky stories! Bohowitch@gmail.com
ReplyDeleteThanks for following! Aren't spooky stories great? Especially this time of year! :-)
DeleteStill love the Sirens on Facebook
ReplyDeleteFollowing the blog ever onward via Feedly. :)
ReplyDeleteE-mail address is oursunnyview @ gmail.c om. I am a follower of Sirens on Blogger.
ReplyDeleteI also follow SS on Facebook. :)
DeleteThanks for following us!
DeleteOoh, love spooky stories!! I tweeted at https://twitter.com/RCchrps/status/387611349083095041
ReplyDeleterobyncha (at) Yahoo
I follow SS!!
ReplyDeleterobyncha (at) yah
I have liked Sam's Facebook page (:
ReplyDeleteengie.willow@gmail.com
Thanks! :-)
DeleteI have tweeted about this giveaway.
ReplyDeletehttps://twitter.com/Engie36000091/status/387609061027348481
engie.willow@gmail.com
I am a follower of this blog (:
ReplyDeleteengie.willow@gmail.com
I have liked Samhain's Sirens on Facebook.
ReplyDeleteengie.willow@gmail.com
Wishing everyone good luck ^_^
Heehee It's like a cookie cake. It looks delicious (: I will have to try that recipe.
ReplyDeleteLiked Sam's Fan Page
ReplyDeleteThanks for joining the ranks of my awesome fans! :-)
DeleteFollow the Siren's Blog
ReplyDeleteLiked Siren's FB fan page.
ReplyDeleteI liked Sam's page
ReplyDeleteI liked the Samhain Siren's page!
ReplyDeleteI also tweeted the giveaway, here's the link to my tweet https://twitter.com/WitchyWoman1014/status/387701797470478336
ReplyDeleteYAY 0+1=1
ReplyDeleteSign me up for a book please :)
BTW love ritchie valens <3 Good song.
starfirewitch @ gmail . Com
I liked Samantha's FB page
ReplyDeletecyndi.richards@yahoo.com
Tweeted about the give away https://twitter.com/cjrccm/status/387757861737996288
ReplyDeleteI follow the Samhain's Sirens blog
ReplyDeleteI liked Samhain's Sirens on FB
ReplyDeletehttp://www.peppylady.blogspot.com/2013/10/picked-out-some-but-had-to-toss-few.html
ReplyDeleteBlog about the give away....like the Author facebook page....follow Samhain Siren blog...like Samhain Siren on face book
https://twitter.com/Peppylady...
ReplyDeleteand my tweet read as follow...Summer Hallow the book is being given away over at http://samhainsirens.blogspot.com/2013/10/samhains-sirens-day-7-october-8.html …
I 'Liked' Sam's Author Facebook Page =D The book sounds fantastic!!
ReplyDeletelmm.mills@gmail.com
I'm a follower of the Samhain's Sirens blog =D
ReplyDeletelmm.mills@gmail.com
Of course I 'Like' the Samhain's Sirens FB page =D
ReplyDeletelmm.mills@gmail.com